Sunday, April 1, 2007

Monthly Portfolio 30-March-2007

This month, I have disposed 2000 units of MAYBULK at a price of $3.52 and reducing my current holding to 2000 units. My act to do so is in fact to buy back the same units at a lower price and hopefully make some different out of it but i must admit i make a mistake here, my deed cost me a price where not only i won't be able to buy back, i may missed out the dividend and the impending bonus issue later on. I have bought 2000 units of LONBISC at $1.70 in my portfolio, high dividend payout (8%-9%) is part of my reason of buying this stock, further more the down side for LONBISC is low. Being a long term player, one should hold their stocks as long as he/she want, because over time we will tend to benefit from it. Another counter which is under my greate interest is AXREIT. This counter provide high dividend/income distribution of about 7%-8% each year, which indeed, i find it very attractive and it fall under my cup of tea where my focus is on high yielding generating stocks. Velo's blog has more detail writeup on this counter. Would consider buying AXREIT if price fall below $1.70. I have just received a dividend payout from PBBANK recently and it was a good dividend payout in fact where $400 per 1000 units was given out to its shareholder. I have adjusted the buying price for PBBANK in my portfolio accordingly (refer to below). Until then happy trading.

2 comments:

elmo said...

horse,

I see you have some BJToto bought at rather good value/price. What's your plan with this counter?

I can see that the company has been buying back lots of shares from the market. What implication has it to do with the minority shareholders like you?? Ain't you worried that by the next announcement there isn't much earning's left for dividends? That's the bad point about it..buying back.

And if the company's plan is mopping up the excessive number of floation shares in the open market using the earnings and shareholder's reserves, and that might one day drive up the market price... good. But waht if it's the aim of someone may be more than one to corner the stocks so they can play around raving up the price once in a while to make money for those short term traders... no so muuch for the benefit of long term investors. What say you?

horse said...

elmo1988,

Frankly, this is the stock that i have to put cautious with. Mainly bcos of VT, can do wonder.
BJTOTO is a cash cow stock, i like it very much, particularly every Qtr there is dividend declared, unless as you say this will no longer a song to play due to some plot by someone. If you ask me, i will sell this counter when it reach > $5. As this price give us PE of about 14 in which i will prefer Tanjong than this. Share buy back is good, as this provide support to share price and appreciation. I will prefer this then any others. As long as it keep paying dividend for now, i will keep getting it for sure, won't have much worried there isn't much earning's left for dividends, as history tell, this hasn't been the case as yet. As for the plan to corner the stock for short term traders, i'm not worry much on this, as this is part of share investment game. Worst off switch to other potential stocks. What actually worries me is the gearing that they recently build up for Capital repayment, which i doubt that they can continue sustaining paying high dividend to shareholder. Is definately an area to watch out for but as for now...i'm still going strong for this counter unless otherwise happen... he..he

Related Posts with Thumbnails